I’ve been reflecting the past few days since the following quote showed up on my Facebook timeline.
I don’t chase after people anymore. If they like spending time with me, they will do so. If not, I am content in my own company. ~ Barry M. Sherbal
When energy isn’t being matched, there is an imbalance in the relationship regardless of the type: family, friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, spouse, etc. How do we begin to bring balance back into our relationships? I began by taking care of myself first and filling my love cup. Self-love in the form of self-care, saying no, being present in my own body, prayer and meditation, nourishing and caring for my body through healthy food choices, exercise, REST, stillness, silence, journaling just to name a few. One of the biggest things I have done is match energy.
How do you begin?
- Stop chasing down relationships.
- Stop making all the plans and arrangements. (Unless this is actually your job and its for your job)
- Stop pouring your entire being into another human.
- Reciprocity is necessary for balance.
- Start filling your own love cup.
- Start Self-love (what I did is above).
- Date yourself – I seriously love spending time with me.
These are a few ideas to start matching energy. When you raise your vibrational energy, either people will be magnetized to you or repelled because they know they cannot match at the same level and fall away quickly. Keep raising higher and do not let anyone dim your light.